Thursday, August 27, 2015

Revise

the Kitchen Life on the line always has it's fair share of shoes and shoe chefs.just gotta suck it up and deal with the greenhorns. My day started out in the weeds,a no show saute cook and being swamped with covers up the ass. Plus getting short on shrimp from our fish monger again. Just had too put my head down and get it done.Worry about my own station,get my mise en place done.and wait for the hit.Of course the first ticket was a bitch as i asked the server not to push the shrimp,four orders were on the ticket if more tickets like this came up i would have to 86 this for 7pm. as the night went on food was left dying in the window on top of the servers screaming the need table 24 yesterday. Even though their other tickets were dead on the pass. I hate diners who want to kill a cow, I shouted out the deuce on table 4 want a dead cow and dried up salmon all day.Why do servers hover when the ticket just came in i think to myself, as i shout go polish some silverware if you have all that time. I was just gonna take a breath and my fish guy tells me now he has only two orders of salmon on the board but not enough buerre blanc for both orders. I roll my eyes and mutter stretch it.life on the line.........     

No comments: